We invite you to join us at our Open House on Sunday, October 25th from noon - 4:00pm to welcome our newest practioners:
Kate Shelest (RN, BSN - Adanced Energy Healing Practioner)
Kathy Cooper (RMT - Registered Massage Therapist)
Come check out our beautiful Multidisciplinary Clinic and Centered Within Yoga Studio!
We will be serving refreshments and offering chances to win some incredible door prizes!
We hope to see you there :).
Sage River Wellness and Centered Within Yoga will have an exhibitor booth at the Ridge Meadows Home Show, located at Planet Ice at the Albion Fairgrounds, 23588 105th Ave off Lougheed Hwy, on Friday May 1 from 4:00-9:00, Saturday May 2 10:00-8:00, and Sunday May 3 10:00-4:00. Come meet our practitioners and instructors, sample services, and enter our draw for a chance to win one of our awesome prizes at this popular local event.
Something for Everyone!
- More than 375 exhibitor booths: renovations, construction, decor, home furnishings, electronics, landscaping, outdoor equipment, wellness, house ware, 'girlstuff', beauty fitness, cooking, wine and more.
- Ongoing demos and how-to seminars, tasty food tidbits, free product samples and awesome products to try before you buy. Family Fest--Totally free with stage performances, make and take crafts, hoola hoops, hoppers, giant bubbles, bouncy castle, face-painting, petting zoo - the list goes on and on.
- Body, Mind and Spirit Psychic and Wellness Fair---readings with intuitive readers, mediums and healers, plus seminars on varied subjects to introduce you to the world beyond. Tasty food at great prices---Greek, Thai, Mexican and more.
- West Coast Amusements Carnival. Free parking. Free shuttles.
- Home Show admission $4 - gets you into all events.
Hope to see you there!
Want to check out our space before dropping by? Take a walk through our shiny new space in our fancy new Virtual Tour from Google.
All of our web and photography work was done by our marketing wizard Erik Ferguson of Kraken Media who is a certified Google Photographer!
He also made us a nice panorama of the space :)
Sage River Wellness and Centered Within Yoga
Grand Opening Open House
Sunday, September 7
Come see our newly renovated space, meet the practitioners and instructors, enjoy refreshments, activities and prizes!
The prenatal months are a sacred time in a mother and baby's lives, full of changes, questions, new experiences and heightened awareness. Prenatal yoga is a wonderful opportunity to deepen your connection with your unborn baby, as well as create new friendships with other mothers. Pregnant mothers experience many normal, healthy changes within their bodies in a relatively short period of time, which can sometimes create discomfort. The shift in centre of gravity, increased breast weight, additional pressure on the pelvic floor, increased fluid volume, hormonal shifts, and loosening of joints can result in postural imbalance, muscle tightness and trigger points, tingling or numbness from neurological compression, restless legs, sleep issues and mood changes. All of these symptoms can be improved with yoga.
Preparation for your upcoming birth is a primary goal of prenatal yoga. A focus on breath, visualization, and inner awareness will provide you with skills to draw upon for coping with labour and having a positive, empowering birth experience. Poses for developing strength and endurance will help you prepare for the physical challenge of birth and postpartum recovery, as well as familiarize you with birthing positions that are comfortable and utilize the assistance of gravity. Education is woven throughout the classes, focusing on anatomy, maximizing space in the pelvis for delivery, and optimal foetal positioning.
The prevailing message of prenatal yoga is that pregnancy is a normal, healthy state, and that your body is perfectly designed for labour and delivery. This class honours the everyday miracle that is the childbearing year and the connection this experience creates between women across time and throughout the world.